View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 AM

rhody605 is on a distinguished road

The led light is a simple eBay made in china light. 120 watt. 120 led. 50/50 white to blue. Bridgelux LEDs. It is really bright. I should have it higher than I do. But didn't want to have it hanging. It simply sits on top of piece of glass on the canopy. The top of the canopy is recessed for glass. But the glass was missing.

I chose the china led light cause it was very bright. Had the twin switches and twin power cords (one for blue and one for white) and for less than $200 delivered.

For some sps coral the light burned the polyps right off. Lesson learned.
Those were 2 different bird nest corals. Purple digitata and I got a tri-color acro that love it.

Now for more pics.

Shrimp hiding

That pic reminds me I didn't mention much about the live rock yet.

I bought about 50lbs live rock off kijiji for a great price. Hindsight it was a good deal. But cherry picking rock would be a better choice if money wasn't a driving factor. The pieces are oddly shaped to fit into a small tank. Got the ol pile of rock happening.

So I wanted rock with more flat spot so I could make shelves. So I bought some dead rock from a small lfs. I wish I knew about Marco rock. The pieces I got are almost massive. Small rocks mixed with flat ones would have been much better.

Go go big snail

Coral ! Pulsing Xenia.
Some call it a weed but a beginner like me found the pulsing so cool.

Lots more coming.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rhody605; 02-27-2012 at 03:48 AM.