Thread: HELP!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 06:43 PM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

Dont worry I wont take any of your comments the wrong way, and I know what you are all trying to say...I am not saying that I will 100% be getting such fishes but they are just in my list of prospect fishes. I know that most things tend to do well under established tanks but you can never tell when a tank is established...some ppl say it can take anywhere from 6-12 months but they dont really know forsure..just like how some says it can take 30 days for the ammonia/nitrate cycle but I have seen it within a matter of 3-4 days so no one can really tell how long it takes to actually get it established...it is up the the reefer to decide when their tank is stablised...I have found that all my parameters have been stablized as i check them every week..although I do not keep cal reactor but I do does it with ca additives and find that everything has stayed within the same range. and I have gone through all the differnt cycles that you can think of whether it be algae bloom, brown diatom, red slime, nitrate, and what ever cycle you can think of I have gone through it all.

and I know that someone of you say that rotteri anemone are hard to keep but b4 this incident the rotteri has been sitting in the same spot for like a month now and hasnt moved an inch. Even though you say that some animals are hard to keep, but what is hard to keep for one aquarist isnt particularly hard for another..I am not saying that I am a pro or anything because I am the exact opposite of that. its just like how some say that clams can not survive under PC (maxima and crocea) but my friend has been keeping 4 of these clams under PC lights for 2 years now and they are growing and surviving,. I know that there are many aquarist who keep SPS under PC and they have thrive, when in fact most of you out there would say that they would die or not do well. jsut think of the time b4 MH were invented, how did these aquarist keep their corals.
and to Carpenterreef: I am sure that not everyone keeps foams on their intake. I do not do it because I find it that t restrict flows.. Its like how you should be keeping a cover for your tank so that the fishes do not jump out but yet ppl do not keep tank covers.. You probably do not keep tank covers so I could say that you are not keeping a safe environment for your fishes. therefore it is not NECESSARY to keep foam in your intake.

also I know that rotteri like to be on top because mine is on the highes ledge of rock that it can find and my powerhead is placed in the middle of the tank and the intake for that powerhead is close to the bottom end but it just happened to move in that directing and witht he high flow rate of that powerhead(600gph) I guess it was enought to just pull one or two tentacles into the intake and there you have it toxins left and right

To all of you who gave me comments that look they they were attacking my ways of doing things, I am not offended by them but welcome your comments for I know that you are just trying to help me and I approciate your help
Thanks for the comments