View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 06:09 PM

ldzielak is on a distinguished road
Default Time to setup my 2 180g tanks

We just put in an offer on a house. Should be moving mid April. I will move my 120g and work on the new installation of my 2 180g tanks.

Option #1
Setup only 1 180g tank in this hole in the wall. Space is 6'10" long and sits right on exterior wall. I would go through the floor and accross over 20' under the stairs or into the garage for the sump and skimmer and stuff.

Option #2
Setup both 180g tanks end to end on this banister at top of stairs. So you walk up looking through a wall of tanks into the living room. Again sump and rest will go under stairs and in garage. The pumbing will be shorter and easy, just really need to re-inforce the floor. The space is 10'4" long now, obviously, I need to make it 24" wide, and about 2 feet longer. I'm trying to get the original drawings for the house to see how much work this would be without doing pointless exploratory/repairs, only to find out I can't make this section longer.

If I set both up I think I will make 1 Reef and 1 FO tanks, all on the same system. I would use T4's on closed loops for circ other than the return pump from down stairs. I'm thinking an Ampmaster will be needed.

Lighting would be 3x400w radiums on the reef with 1 or 2 160w 6' VHO lamps. The FO will have only 2 160w VHOs. I'm thining of getting 4x 3' refloctors, so I can upgrade to 2 reefs if I like later. I plane on venting the hot air in to the atic, and keeping my chiller in the garage. Goal is silent system with minimal heat to the main house.

Lee