View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:28 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Same here...kent carbon...most coral are pale and some bleached. All my photosynthetic sponges are dead! My pink digitata is nearly white and show no polyp extension. Polyp extension is very low even on my shaggy acropora which is not shaggy anylonger. I put Kent carbon, go to sleep and wake up to that mess.

Never again will I use that crap. What's in it that could cause this? I used all sort of brand of carbon before without any visible effect...ever.

I removed the carbon and did 2 30% water change but it might take many water change to stop the bleaching. Now things have seem to stabilize but it will take months for some of the coral to recover, if they ever do. My blue haliclona photosynthetic sponges are gone. had them for 2 years
Thanks for your input, Daniel. I just got a new brand Marineland carbon. I had used this brand since I first started in this hobby. Now all I am hoping is I can save some of the corals left. All my favorite corals are bleached out so badly, they completely turned white today. The ones that I don't care very much are still having some faded color on them Life is like that, always lost something that you cared about and loved the most, same thing happened with fish too.