View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Not in my case. a few months ago I did 2 side by side water change 25% and no coral bleached, everything was beautiful and healthy. I had to get the nitrates lower due to a large foxface (sold) polluting my tank.

Beside, if you put the carbon in the evening and in the morning you wake up to this mess...can't be the light because it is closed at night.

It is obvious it was the carbon in my case...nothing else was added or hapened. Beside...my blue sponges died! what can kill a blue sponge??? surely not the clarity of the water. I have put chemiclean often during the past 2 years and the water become crystal clear, and that never affected my sponges nor any of my corals. Something nasty in that kent stuff...

BTW, I too bought the large container. Can there be something not right in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
A lot of the time the coral bleaching is from your water getting much more clear, allowing a big change in light intensity on your coral. It is very odd that it's kent though, would explain some issue's I've had recently with the same stuff. Bleaching tips on some coral like milli's, but lots of others are fine.

Last edited by daniella3d; 02-16-2012 at 09:03 PM.