View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
I currently run a fluval 405 on my 55 gl tank. I clean the canister out every 2 weeks and change the media monthly. As of recently, I do not have any issues with algae in my display but have had issues keeping SPS - LPS and softies have done well. I'm in the process of setting up a larger tank with a sump and can say that I love not having the heaters and skimmer in the tank. I've moved my skimmer out of the 55 into the 180 sump and the 55 tank looks so much better. I also like the extra water volume to work with and not having to always work in the display tank. If you can go with a sump, definitely do it, but a canister can work, you just have to be diligent with cleaning and maintaining.
Firstly, thanks everyone who gave the advice, I guess this will be sort of FOWLER but hopefully a little more dressed up as I really don't like just LR and fish I'll have some softies and easy to keep stuff in the tank to keep it simple until I learn more, Cleaning the filter twice a month is my plan to keep the nitrate under control hopefully. Is this just wishfull thinking or am I on the right track