View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 PM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Puffer View Post
yes the chaeto was in my sump/fuge (for about 8 months with no issues) untill i moved it to a slower flowing fuge a couple weeks back (then did my long overdue w/c last week). then BAM green water (and i mean GREEN, i cant see the fish till they r at the glass). the only fish bothered seems to b my little scooter blenny. i read about low oxygen during the algae bloom. is blasting air through a power head bad for the fish at all? should i just have an air stone, or is just the skimmer sufficient? i guess ill just prep for wc/bo/wc and put the chaeto back in a higher flow area when im done. other than a uv sterilizer i dont see any other fix. pretty sure its not gonna fix itself anytime soon... thanx
Instead of blasting air through your Powerhead you could always point through the surface for some agitation which would give you some extra O2 action!!

The low oxygen wouldn't be direct cause from the algae. I'm no biologist but it makes sense!

I sounds like your problems started when you moved the chaeto and did a WC. So why not try to go back to the old ways and If that doesn't work...........(which i'm quite certain it will) I give up!

You can also PM me if you need.

Last edited by HaZRaTTy; 02-11-2012 at 09:00 PM.