View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZRaTTy View Post
It very well could be, you're very right the Chaeto in very simple terms is a fast growing plant that out competes the algae for nutrients meaning that the algae has nothing to "feed" or grow off of.

You could always increase the flow, i'm assuming the chaeto is in the fuge? More flow means more water movement but this would be a SUPER slow process.

The kids are complaining I would suggest you do the WC/BO/WC and you wouldn't be able to see the tank for 2-4 days BUT you can't see the tank right now anways
yes the chaeto was in my sump/fuge (for about 8 months with no issues) untill i moved it to a slower flowing fuge a couple weeks back (then did my long overdue w/c last week). then BAM green water (and i mean GREEN, i cant see the fish till they r at the glass). the only fish bothered seems to b my little scooter blenny. i read about low oxygen during the algae bloom. is blasting air through a power head bad for the fish at all? should i just have an air stone, or is just the skimmer sufficient? i guess ill just prep for wc/bo/wc and put the chaeto back in a higher flow area when im done. other than a uv sterilizer i dont see any other fix. pretty sure its not gonna fix itself anytime soon... thanx