View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 PM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Puffer View Post
unfortunately uv isnt and option right now. and that scrubber basically does what my chaeto does if im correct? from what i have read tho, both great options. my cheato hasnt been getting as much flow to my system for the last couple weeks. could that maybe be the cause of the suspended algae bloom all of a sudden? will the chaeto out compete the bloom? i pulled the chaeto from my tank because i was gonna black it out. should i forget the black out, put the chaeto directly in my dt, and continue with water changes? my kids are complaining they cant see the fish anymore, last thing i wanna do is cover it up so we cant see anything at all.
It very well could be, you're very right the Chaeto in very simple terms is a fast growing plant that out competes the algae for nutrients meaning that the algae has nothing to "feed" or grow off of.

You could always increase the flow, i'm assuming the chaeto is in the fuge? More flow means more water movement but this would be a SUPER slow process.

The kids are complaining I would suggest you do the WC/BO/WC and you wouldn't be able to see the tank for 2-4 days BUT you can't see the tank right now anways