View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I don't think driving back and forth for years is a workable solution. A tank is something you keep for your enjoyment and this sounds like a very inconvenient and expensive "solution" to your dilemma. I would set up a small nano to keep your favourite corals and small fish, but sell off the rest, including the equipment if you have no place to store them. Sounds like you wouldn't have room at your place to store the tank even if its empty. Get a nice AIO (like a RSM) and actually enjoy your hobby instead of dreading the drive back and forth and doing maintenance at someone else's house.

For myself, I don't get how you have a whole new house and not enough room for even a 33g tank. Is that because he has too much stuff and is unwilling to give up any of it so you can set up a tank? We have a small two bedroom groundfloor suite and I have had close to 1000g of tanks setup in here. Just something to make me go "hmmmmmm".