View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Very good points! I have resented bfs in the past that I gave stuff up for, whether it was out of necessity or money, whatever, so just thinking to take that part out of the picture...that might just be me tho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Being in a similar situation before I would (and did) sell all livestock and keep the equipment. It's hard work to maintain a tank that isn't in your house, it's a lot of stress and you risk loosing livestock that you could have recovered cost and replaced later. There's very little that can't be replaced.

Also it's a big tank, and just the move alone is a lot of work and could result in loses.

In terms of how to sell, part out for sure, it's actually the easiest and best way to recover the most money.

Setup a numbered list with prices.
State a day and time frame that works for you.
Request people to PM with what they want but only if they can make it during the time frame.
Hold corals in order for those who PM first
Tell people to bring their own transportation containers, as in buckets or bags.

I would setup one day for coral first and certain portion of rock if there was interest. Then fish another day.

The prices you ask will determine how much interest you get and ultimately how fast things sell.