View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

So it's time for another short update to this slow slow build. My house is progressing quite nicely and I think we will be by mid April. Next week the wall board is going in.

Anyways...here are some pics!

My fish room as it progresses:

The builder had to disrupt my joy a little to tell me that this room is the most expensive per sq/ft room in the house when I look at what's gone into the whole build. Not something I really wanted to think about...lol.

Here you can see my return line (and backup return line). Notice that they used gentle sweeps so as not to create more head pressure. My pump will only use one of the lines...but if every anything goes wrong, I will have the second ready.
Also some of the outlets that will be mounted high in the room. In each box, the top right outlet will be switch controlled so that I can easily flip certain equipment on and off. These are also all on the natural gas generator so that they always will have power. Everything will be run off of a 60amp sub-panel in this room.

And here are my overflow lines coming down from the tank:

Lastly, though it's hard to imagine, the lines coming up through my floor to where the tank will be:

If you are wondering about the pex lines in this picture, I've put in a "hidden or covered" sink within the tank cabinet so that my wife won't complain about me using her's in the kitchen.

Sorry for the poor pics but it's just my phone and it was pretty dark out already.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.