View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 AM

wmcinnes is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments and support guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Looks nice so far I love the detailed reports reminds me of a time when I wasn't so lazy

Perhaps running a pair of membranes in series would save you a step? Also, It's generally recommended to mount the aquasafe di canisters vertically to help avoid the water running through channels in the media... contacting more of it.
I dont think I would have enough flow for another membrane in series with the first one. Id have to buy another booster pump and to be honest, i dont want to do that lol
This is actually how it is shown on the unit instructions from aquasafe but it was something I had no idea about! I will keep that in mind, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Nice looking build!

Those aquasafes have an adjustable valve on the waist line, typically you're just told to set it to about 4:1 ratio but you can play around with it to get better results, ie more waste should give you a little lower tds from the membrane. I also mention it because some people don't set it right to begin with and end up with higher TDS. You also sometimes need to run new units for a while before your TDS drops right down.

I have to use that valve lots when I am adjusting the pressure from the booster pump into the membrane. I try and keep it between 55-65 PSI.

Rainforest of the Sea
First 90g Reef

Last edited by wmcinnes; 02-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.