View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I'm actually in the same boat right now. I'd like to get a new CO2 regulator too but I'm not sure what the best is anymore either...

Keep in mind that it was about 5 years ago when i bought my stuff from aquariumplants.com so my house brand unit isn't even listed on their site anymore. But at the time it was promoted as 'the best' on Reef Central.

It took over a month for me to receive my package and they did not reply to any of my emails or answering machine messages.
The regulator seizes up several times each year (somewhere inside the unit before the solenoid) forcing me to dismantle and fiddle with it before it starts working again. Twice this has happened while I've been out of town...
I've never been able to get it to maintain a steady flow.

Note: I've got a check valve on the output to keep saltwater from ever backing up inside. I also run RO/DI water in the bubble counter which has another check valve below. My Apex switches the solenoid open and closed to maintain the Calcium Reactors pH between 6.5 and 6.6.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour