View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
I can't imagine the struggles you go through every day.
Don't get me wrong, but it certainly doesn't feel like a struggle, it's just what we do. You transition into it so slowly that you hardly notice the extras (except boarding the plane ). Most of the time you don't even think about it. Sure, we get people staring at the mall when we have to break out gear and fire up equipment, but mostly you just shrug that off.
With all the possible problems that we COULD have got, what we ended up with was just a perfect little girl that doesn't talk much
She may need glasses, or not, but mostly everything appears fine other than the vocal chord thing. She's quick, learns well and is quickly moving up in stats to match kids closer to her age. She's small, and way behind other kids developmentally, but she's catching up. It's tougher on mom, as she knows lots of other parents, and seeing other kids walking at 11 or 12 months, when your 18 month old is still crawling is emotionally tough. But, like I said, she's moving up quickly in the stats, and more closely aligning with the other kids.
This is a condition that can fix itself in time (or not) so we're just waiting and hoping.