View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

What's the average delivery pressure of water in your home by the city? Around here, upstream of the Pressure Reducing Valve in my house plumbing, the city delivers water at over 100 psi. I've adjusted my PRV to provide 80-90 psi to the house instead of the standard 60-70. I find this more than sufficient for my 75gpd system. Might be worthwhile for you to investigate those numbers (city pressure) & see if you also have a PRV in your plumbing. It should be not too far downstream from your water meter. They are code in Vernon as far as I know. Most models are adjustable & if you don't mind tweaking it (or plumbing in upstream of it) you may be able to run your RODI with no booster pump at all. Just need to make sure your home plumbing is in good shape & can handle a few extra psi.

Sorry, no help on the dual boost pump idea. Seems overly complex to me for a few extra psi. Some booster pumps are also adjustable.