View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Also, try to have them bag it in the water and when you add it into your tank, spin it around a couple of times in your hands underwater so that any trapped air bubbles will be burped out and not trapped inside the clam.

Transferring clams is about the only time any LFS water may get into my system because I try to keep the clam underwater throughout the whole process, which includes opening up the bag inside the water. If you're careful, you can still minimize how much LFS water you end up losing into your display.

Having a clam exposed to the air (IMO) is a far worse risk.

Also, stay far, far away from Flameback angels. I had an African Flameback that was supposed to be one of the more reef-safe angels (along with their cousins the Cherubs), but mine decimated my giant clam collection in just a few days and before I could arrange to rehome the clams or catch out the offender. Since then, I've read other people's similar experiences with the Flameback as being far less reef-safe than previously thought. My Cherub, on the other hand, has been a perfect reef resident and now lives with two Squamosas.

Last edited by SeaHorse_Fanatic; 01-18-2012 at 06:32 AM.