View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Hmm, electrical - going to have to take a look at this bit. My current set up is a bit of a mess....

Lockrookie - If I can answer your questions, I'll be happy to, as long as you can answer mine

Thanks Doug, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bugging you! Will be stopping by this week I'm sure as we want to get started on the plumbing.

Laurie, all they keep asking me is how much everything costs and what I've already spent on my little tank (which looks super small now).

Question - how thick should the plywood and foam be for the base? Picking up today, can find 1 inch foam (was told to get 3/4 inch), is this too much?

Also, boyfriend wants to plumb an overflow for the sump directly into the house plumbing. Has anyone else done this? There are plumbing lines in the wall behind where the tank will be going so this is where he wants to go. I'm researching like crazy and I haven't found anyone who has done this.

I hope you all don't mind if some of these questions seem silly or dumb, this is my first build ever and going to need loads of help and input!

Thanks

Last edited by Coralgurl; 01-17-2012 at 03:48 PM.