View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

Mine ran great for a year in a TLF 500. I have about 500ml in my tank. Just recently the reactor has been fine, but the HOSE is the one clogging. I have this Tee'd off my return with LOTS of flow, but so much mulm builds up in the hose that once it clogged it was continuing to clog daily for a week or 2. I replaced the hose 2 times during this only to have the new hose clog and get cleaned out, swapped direction and it would run for another day. Anyways... to fix it I changed how the TLF used flow so that i could get a better less turbulent turnover. I removed the bottom plate, and since the top plate is attached with a rubber fitting, I directed the bottom of the downspout to the edge of the reactor. This causes everything to turnover in a nice roll, seems to work well. No more clogging .

These new reactors seem to do that(just sideways), and the large spout size looks like it would provide enough flow with a smaller pump. My TLF with a MJ1200 wouldn't get anything close to the turnover I wanted because of the small openings, these would probably work well with a MJ since there would be little back pressure.