View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
Something else that I should mention... many of the corals that I'm having problems with are towards the bottom of the tank... still lean towards the lights as the issue?
I would say it's light related although not intensity and like I said before something else must be at play as well. Many of the SPS I lost were next to LPS corals which seemed unaffected.

As for zeovit IME it doesn't push coral health to edge, when I used it my SPS corals were much healthy and resilient than before. While some products can cause brief coral stress for long term benefit for the most part vitality was increased. I use to change halide bulbs all the time without any adverse effects on the SPS and no acclimatization was required. I even use to be able to kill off algae with controlled kalk overdoses so the corals were the furthest thing from the edge.

I think we have much to learn about the true effects of LEDs on coral, especially SPS. While many do just fine there are many of us that bleach and loose corals from LED transition and it simply can't just be intensity or spectrum as switching halides and T5s is common practice, often going to a completely different spectrum and doubling par without ill effect.