Thread: New skimmer
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default New skimmer

The gate valve itself is 3 inches, but the pipe of it is 2 inches. Not sure what part to measure. One honkin valve though.

Yes the beckett comes out of the silencer for easy cleaning. I also am looking foward to its operation. [img]smile.gif[/img] Comparison with my Euroreef may not be fair, as its a much larger skimmer. :eek: I will say, construction wise, its quality is as good or better than my Euroreef, which IMO, are some of the best built skimmers I have seen.

Good thick acrilic, excellent job on all the two removable sections. Undo the large thumb screws, lift and turn. After all my years playing with aquarium equipment, I am not all that easily impressed anymore, but the quality of this unit does just that. If it operates as good as it looks, then its an impressive skimmer.

I have a buyer for my Euroreef, if I sell it. Now I need to decide on the correct pump. Going to try both model 3MD pumps. I also brought a Mag 24 home. Was reading the specs last nite. That thing sucks 265 watts. :eek: Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.