View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM

staceyd72 is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize RC was really strict, though I have not spent much time on there in the past few years
I agree about the noobs; God forbid if you don't have 1.5-2lbs/gallon of live rock - doomed for failure from the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
should have been clearer - its like RC in terms of strictness, definately not in terms of info. when the site owner just berates noobs for questionable stocking on every thread its hard to appreciate what else the community can possibly offer.

Agree, GTAaquaria is also a great site with some great discussion and no yelling, (disclaimer, I'm not a moderator or affiliated with the operation of the site )
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpchips View Post
There's a few small Ontario forums - I think there's one in the Ottawa area, one in the Peterborough area, and another in the Hamilton area.

As for the GTA, like was said before, AquariumPros is like the Kijiji/Craigslist. Not much forum content, but most go for the classifieds.

Also check out GTAaquaria.com - it's a fresh/salt forum and there tends to be a bit more "discussion" than over on AP. There's a lot more SW folks over there now so it's worthwhile to check out (disclaimer - I'm a mod there).