View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Well, time for another update. The house continues to progress. Here are few pics of where the tank is going to go...hopefully better pics than before.

In this pic, I'm standing on my stairs and right in front of me is where the tank will be. It will extend from that wall beside the fireplace out towards where I'm standing. Starting at the wall will be an enclosed sink (so my wife won't have me using the kitchen sink) and then the access to the external overflow.

Here is just another angle.

Here is a pic of my fish room...though it's still missing the far wall. It's 14' x 7 1/2'. I've had them plumb in three in-wall drains so that I have ready access for when I need to get rid of saltwater. There will be a laundry sink at one end and two big water storage bins at the other.

Lastly, I've been really too busy to work much on my DIY light...but I did get some stuff done the other day. I will be having two "control panels" with drivers, power bars, etc. Here is the simple one. Ignore the powerbar that is there, I just needed it for the layout aspect as I haven't decided on the controller I will be buying yet.

Each driver will run one string of 12 LED's. There is also the small driver for the moonlights and the power adapter for my fans on the light. At the front is a variable speed fan controller. It may not look pretty right now, but it will once it's enclosed in the stand.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.