Thread: HRV CFM volume
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 AM

KevinK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
I'm currently building a new house and if you've seen my build thread, there is going to be about 400 gallons of water plus in the house.

We're putting a HRV in the house (commercial quality, not residential quality) but I'm only pulling air from two areas (in order to save some dough). One spot will be from within the canopy of the Display tank, the other will be from my Fish room.

My builder has asked me which of two cfm levels I wish to go with on the HRV. Either 60cfm or 90cfm. The key is that the 90 will be a lot louder than the 60 and I really am striving for quiet.

Given the limited scope that we are pulling air from, am I wrong to go for the quieter 60 cfm?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
I will watch this as well, as I'm aboutto buy a unit as well, but wonder the same,

maybe you want to ad the sqft of the house, # of bathroom's and how many will live in it,

i have bin googling it as well, but struggle a bit with defining how much air flow as well,

I dont know, as I have not checked it, but would you be able to turn a 90 unit back to 60, and if you find you need more flow, you bring it uo a bit ?