View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Toss actinic and go with the newer style. Blue plus is one. By ati I think. They put out more useful spectrum as well as give actinic look. A few out there.
I am using ati bulbs on my 75g sps tank now with LEDs and trust them because of the par and longevity. When I said atinics I did mean blue plus which is what the fixture has...

To the OP that mentioned led, I have also considered this option but if I am going to run led then no reason to run the t5 also as the cost would be double. I can run 12 crees for $100 or run t5 fixture and led for $150, all led would be better of an option for me!

Also MSJ I think that an anemone can be kept under pc or t5 but as mentioned before I want to make sure the coral does not fade from not receiving enough light, 1 more thing to add my RBTA was not bubble tip when I received it, it was only when I introduced my clownfish which took bites into the tentacles that the tentacles turned bubble. The only problem I am facing now is an ugly box in my 75g where the anemone is held, can't release it as my tank is fully stocked with sps. If I put it into the 50g it falls a meal to the lionfish and I don't really want to separate them.... Ahh what to do???

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips