View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

There are no pictures of my current setup out there yet. They are all of my old 180, which was lit by 3 250W halides with T5 supplementation.

My current setup is a 75G standard with 56 3W LEDs, 18 NW and 38 RB. You've obviously been doing way more reading than me, but I decided on this because people had posted on they got a nice balanced color and a 14K look. I think its a little bluer than that.

My decision was really about aesthetics, but the corals are really responding fantastic. I'm trying not to get too excited about it since its only been running for 3 weeks, and there could be problems with LEDs I might not notice for a few months, but... oh no here I go again.

The colors change of the few corals I have has been amazing! A couple of the remnants from my 180 that I've been growing out under a 150W halide, that were never really that exciting, have morphed into truly stunning corals. With your added colors you may get even better results, who knows. Like I said, just make sure its easy to change them if you don't like what you're seeing.