View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 AM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensquire View Post

This is the plywood the Grizz is referring to. This should all be one solid piece of Plywood not osb of mdf. If this gets any moisture at all it will expand and possibly crack your tank. Also there should be a half inch piece of rigid styrofoam between the plywood and tank.
I agree that the platform it sits on looks well built and solid and with a little silicone and sealer will be very moisture resistant.
Oh, now I see what you are referring to. That came with the tank. Perhaps we should have put something else between the tank and stand. It was bone dry and had no swelling so it looked good to us, but I can see what Grizz meant about one piece being safer. If you are reffering to the base of the tank (platform), that is one piece of 3/4".

Anyway!

New update:

Got the sump dropped down, working well without the skimmer while the tank cycles and the apex controller installed. The apex wasn't easy to put together but it was much easier than I thought it would be. Working off of a Mac to configure it ended up being very simple, although the web interface is the same regardless of your operating system. Now in the morning I will tackle how to get iphone access to it.