View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
Thanks Doug & Chris!

The price tag is very enticing... even if I had to replace it in 4 years, it would still be less money than the Deltec. hmmm, plenty to think about. Is the new pinwheel on the models being sold right now?

I guess I should mention.... I ran a Deltec before the skimz, too, but it was not the same model as you are talking about either, haha. I was incredibly happy with the deltec, and it was only a bit easier to set and forget than the skimz. The skimz is fairly well built in terms of the cup, body, and pump area... the valve that controls the output/water level could be a bit firmer. The lid on mine does not fit tight, (does not stay on when flipped upside-down, it moves around when you shift the cup around. Deltec lid was snug). The cup does not connect to the body quite as smoothly... (the angled connection flanges are a bit more chunky)...(like Doug said... the deltec feels like it would last longer)... but in terms of overall skimming... its kicking butt just fine.

I only changed skimmers cause the deltec was too big for my system and I had to downsize and figured I would try something else. The skimz is also WAY cheaper than deltec (mine was 1/3rd the cost)... very affordable and competitive performance.

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited by Funky_Fish14; 11-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.