View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
The Fu-mans are the harder ones to keep out of the dawrfs, just so you know, might be best to try a different one first and see how you do first.
Agreed, if you really want at fu-man try to buy one that's already eating frozen. The first fu-man I ever tried had not been trained to eat frozen and despite my best efforts I couldn't get him to eat and he died after a week. The second fu-man I got, Ken from Blue World (here in Edmonton), trained it to eat frozen silversides before I bought it. That was back in March 2010 and he's been with me and doing well ever since Mine eats mostly PE mysis now and krill every now and then and once in awhile he'll eat part of a silverside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
You can keep multiple lions in the same tank.
Not 100% sure on that, I bought a red fuzzy dwarf lionfish to put with my fu-man and while I never saw them "fight" or anything I found my red fuzzy dwarf dried up on the floor 2 months after getting him The other tankmates that are in there is a small cowfish, leopard wrasse, and a mystery wrasse. The mystery wrasse is pretty small still and while I've seen him chase my leopard wrasse once in awhile I can't see him chasing a lionfish out of the tank. They are in a 80g tank.

Some tankmates I don't recommend to have with a dwarf lionfish are: frogfish (my fu-man kills them) and toby puffers or lunare wrasses (they will nip the lionfish's fins).

Here's my guy

Last edited by fishoholic; 11-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.