View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Steve-O- is on a distinguished road

Been slow but everything is coming along with my build. My tank is doing great little messy all around it but hey things still aren't done.
Waiting on my skimmer and reefkeeper system to get her pretty excited about that hope my sump will be in soon once i foam under the tank.

So here is my LED build cost me mmmm $270 Bought all my stuff from rapid LED. Only cost that much because customs dinged me like $40.

For the housing i bought 2 plastic trays from princessauto. Used Heavy duty zap straps for the eye hooks and hinge at the rear. Had some old zapstrap hold downs i cut one end out to make my lens cover holder no i can slide in and out some acrylic for cleaning.
I drilled holes in the picture per light but scrapped it and just cut out larger holes easier if i have issues down the road.
Final pics are the testing on the unit still have to add all the sides and front. As well as fans on the top and front quick release clip.

I have to say today first day of running the new led system everything is thriving you can see it in every coral!!! The shimmer and glow is amazing as well i am so proud of this build and how well it looks.

Last edited by Steve-O-; 11-08-2011 at 08:55 PM.