Thread: lastlight's 404
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
I love that it looks like a doctors office back there.... And that skimmer..... wow.... Ive been following closely
I think it's more hospitalish if that's a word. Put all the vinyl baseboards in tonight to complete that look lol.

First a shot of the canopy with the new doors on. These were painful to do since I had to scribe the profile of my hinges into both the canopy and the doors to achieve a flush-mount door and avoid seeing a hinge on the face of my doors. I then used wood-filler over the door side of the hinges and painted them up. My drop ceiling will cover the upper part of the hinges.

Had to mount 2x4s to the door panels to straighten them out. The added weight causes the doors to hang slightly ajar which will actually be nice so they don't magnet shut until I want them to.

Here are the push/release magnets that will allow the doors to shut flush:

I measured the door cuts carefully to maintain the scribe-spacing. I will be installing an inner trim to the canopy frame behind the doors to block light from escaping.

My blue mixing drum is currently upstairs next to my fridge to hold all my ro/di water for the current tank. The room on the opposite side of my basement is so full of junk I can't even walk more than 2 feet into it. I can access the two other stacked water drums on the other side of my laundry tub from that room and plumbing all that into the fish room has to wait until I clean and reno that side.

My dry goods shelf and the dosing shelf. My profilux doser will sit on top. Space is tight in the room and I need some flat working space near my sink so I'll be installing a sheet of plywood that can flip up when not in use soon.

Plumbing is nearly done. I need to grab some 3/4" pipe to install the 3 gate valves that will run my media reactors. There's also a line that feeds into where the rock is (my reservoir I'll empty for water changes) and a valved line off the drain that will feed my skimmer. You'll notice metal gear clamps on the rubber sleeve I used to mount to the silly adapter that come with all the laguna pumps. These won't be submerged as the water on that side of my sump will be quite shallow. If anyone knows where I can get plastic clamps though please let me know!

Looking down the back corridor again:

Very simple returns! I have some sch 80 elbows to add on but I have no idea where my water level will be so those will go on once the tank is filled. They'll probably not be glued so I can aim or modify them if needed down the road.

Last edited by lastlight; 10-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.