View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:22 PM

2pts is on a distinguished road

Thank you MMAX.

Try to ignore the people like I quoted.

This one lost all credability by attacking you for sharing your experience, then posted a link to an info search site. When I clicked that link that they provided to debunk you it came up with a big search box which I typed in "dangers of zoanthids".

When searched like that, the first non ad link had this in it...

"Palytoxin is a tumor promoter, and is being studied in relation to signaling pathways in skin cancer genesis.[16] Contrary to common belief, palytoxin can be absorbed through intact skin.[17] The danger of acute poisoning from venomous zoanthids is quite real. An aquarist was poisoned through skin injuries on fingers by a Parazoanthus species, but recovered after 3 days. His zoanthid was found to contain 2-3 milligram of palytoxin per gram.[18] For comparison, the intravenous LD50 dose of palytoxin for a grown man is less than 8 microgram. Thus each gram of the offending zoanthid contained enough venom to kill at least 125 grown men." (sounds safe to me)

So perhaps I am just confused, maybe that poster was arguing to support what you were saying.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/zoanthid#ixzz1bntuPJfq
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I really like it when people point to something without any testing or proof.

You might as well have compressed a nerve or something like that and that's where the tingling and numbness came from. It could have been that you are having other more serious issues with your blood vessel and that might come back, if that's the case. I don't think a left arm going numb has anything to do with zoanthids.

If you do a search in google for numbness left arm you will find a lot of possible reasons, but no zoanthid. I would go see my doctor if I were you...as this can hide something nasty, like an upcoming hearth attack.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_..._left_arm_mean

Last edited by 2pts; 10-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.