View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Rus is on a distinguished road

bit of an update : about 6-8 weeks ago or so I had some major issues in my tank , and ended up loosing around 30- 40 % of my corals , with my company crazy busy as well , I wasn't able to give it my attention it needed to fix the issues , so thus the losses. With me starting to get a handle on things work related , I decided to spend some time this weekend and reaquascape and change a few things up.

I have been thinking about going to LED lighting for a while now so bit the bullet this weekend and purchased an Illumina 260 ( 72" ) . After spending a few more hours on the re aquascaping and setting up the unit , I have it pretty much beat for now.

I must say I am quite impressed woth the Vertex Unit ( I know better be after that amount ) , and look forward to seeing how thing go over the next few weeks.

For any of you that have switched over to LED from MH , I'm curious to know what intensity you used to start out , and how you progressed it over time to ramp it up. I always see things on turning them way down to start , but couldn't you just raise them up higher and then lower down over a week or two?

I will get few pics later on today to add to this once all the lighting is at full strength.