View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 AM

Aquatek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Number one, look at heat recovery ventilators so you're not tossing out the nice warm (or cool) house air with the humidity. Then make sure you have at least 2 dedicated GFCI electrical breakers to the room. Have half your pumps on one breaker and half on the other, same with lighting. That way if a breaker trips half the stuff will still be running. I would also plan a floor drain if possible.

Some other ideas...If you have room and you would like it, plan your sump to be in an open area instead of under the tank so you have lots of room to work. I also like refugiums higher than the tank so they can overflow directly into the tank so pods make it in there without getting mulched by pumps.
I have my sump in an open area right now on my cube and I am wanting to do that on the 180 but I may be limited on space. The sump I am going to use is 4x3x3.

The bad part is that there isn't a floor drain in the basement. The plumbing is 1 foot above the floor. I am getting a sump cut into the floor for a drain and bathroom in the near future so that will eventually get done.