View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Well it's been a lot time since I updated this thread. It's not that I haven't wanted to...but as yet there has been little progress. Since things finally appear to be moving forward again...I wanted to bring it up to date.

After having the tank soooo long waiting on my delayed house, things finally started to move forward in April. Unfortunately, after only 2-3 weeks of construction we found out that a mistake on the lot survey put our basement a few inches too close to the setbacks. The city promptly halted our construction while they decided what to make us do. Here's a few pictures of how far we got.

Since then, the city has chosen to sit on their decision and after heavy lobbying has finally indicated that they will make a decision on my variance request on October 27...5 months of waiting.

In the hopes that things will turn out positive (meaning I don't need to spend $40,000 to rip out the basement and start again)...I have started my DIY LED light.

Since the tank is 84L x 32W x 26H, I decided to go with a fixture that was 72Lx24W which should cover the area where I will have coral. My light will encompass 180 Cree LED's including a mix of Royal Blue, Cool White, Neutral White and some Blues as well. Here's a picture of my planned layout:

And here is what I've accomplished so far:

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.