Thread: Tank upgrade
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Diana is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you have everything under control! No stress man But I have some suggestions:

-Don't combine any fish and corals together in the same tub (some corals produce a slime which can suffocate fish... lesson learned on that one)
-The water in the rock bins is going to get pretty dirty unless your rock is pristine.... so you may not want to reuse it. If you want to save that water I suggest a bin of "waste water" to rinse the rock in first, before it goes into the bins
-Airate all the bins with air pumps, and run the filter and heater with the fish. You could run the skimmer if you'd like, but IMO not totally nessecary. Ideally heat all the bins but if you can't heat the rock its not a huge deal, just keep it as warm as possible (run a space heater in the room?).
-I would suggest stacking the rock on the glass and putting the sand around it but in such a large tank that might be a pain, especially dealing with filling water in time to keep the rock wet.
-I'd try and save as much water as possible but we have done moves with saving no water... everything was fine.
-A regular water change should be fine afterwards (you might see a mini cycle but if your rock is healthy will probably be barely noticeable).

HTH and good luck
-Diana