View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 03:33 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
It also comes directly from the RO unit manufacturers. My directions that came with my unit specifically state to not drink the DI water, only the RO water. So I can't see the manufacturer putting down my purchase I made with them.
DI is a form of water treatment that is used for making drinking water. now there are different DI resins that basicly are the same. to sell something for human consumption it falls under regulations and such, so by putting a "not for human consumption" sticker on it they avoid a bunch of red tape. like I said befor, I "t" off befor my DI as the resins are expensive, and in the perfect storm of conditions you can get bacteria growth in the DI cartrages. so do I recomend drinking DI water from our home setups? no, is there anything wrong with proper DI water for drinking it.. no.

even when I was looking at starting to make RO/DI and other tank related "stuff" for sale 10 years ago, I was still going to use not for human consumption stickers on the DI and a few other things... why... liability.. I am not there to maintain your system, to clean it regulary and make sure it is run properly. so why would I accept the responcibility by selling you something for your fish tank and also saying ya drink it. is it safe... ya if run properly and maintaned properly it is perfectly safe.. how many people here do weekly maintenance on there RO setups?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.