View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

It's not toxic. I had the same thing hapening to me many times with my feather caulerpa and the aquarium was all milky and cloudy but all my SPS had great polyp extension the whole time as if they enjoyed this as a feast.

It never bothered anything in my tank, not the coral nor the fish, and I never did any water change when it happen. I simply let the skimmer take it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabby View Post
I woke up this morning to see my 20g kitchen tank looking like a swamp. Upon closer examination it appears that my grape caulerpa went sexual over night. It has been growing like a weed over the last few weeks, and everything in the tank has been doing well. I have just read this morning that change in temp, lighting and lack of pruning could lead to this happening. Being there hasnt been a change in temp or light, my lack of pruning may be the cause. I did a large water change and switched out the carbon, so now i wait and watch. I also removed the caulerpa. The tank is still cloudy but im hoping that settles out through the day, if not perhaps I need to do another water change.