View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 AM

1eyedjyde is on a distinguished road

Its been a while sice my last post but not much has really happened. Work has been crazy so things have been on hold at the moment.... however this week started off with some "forced progress" as my "temp" 29gal desided to give out at 12:30am monday morning. The bottom of the tank cracked end to end luckily I was still up and managed to have only a "few" gallons of water hit the floor. In the 120 I will be placing egg crate on the bottom for sure now, lesson learned. Luckily I have been cycling the remainder of the liverock in rubbermaids so a quick check of temp and salinity and all the live stock from the 29 has been placed in the tubs wich will likely help with the cycling of the liverock. After 3 days no losses and am getting some extension of the coral, so far so good for the getto reef.

As for the 120, this week I have wired a new circut so now I have 15 amps dedicated to the 120 and the seal kit for the snapper came in so I installed that, so it looks like there will be water in the tank in the next few weeks. Have to start figureing out how I want the rock laid out now, still now sure exactly how I want it to look.