View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet ride View Post
oh thanks Myka! I just hope that am in the right side of the fence now! Ya I did the MH to T5 and it's actually from bio-pellets to vodka as i've also been having issue with the pellets clumping up. (this pellets have been in my system just over a year before I finally pulled them out)

As far as test kits are concern I wouldn't say that am having any nutrient issue, salifert says that I don't have any tractable nitrate, and hanna checker says zero phosphate. I also run GAC and GFO and I have always run them in my system. As far as skimmer is concern am using a euro-reef RS-180, I would say more that sufficient for my system. The only thing that I have not tested yet is the ammonia. I will be bringing a sample to one of the LFS and get them to check it for me.
If nutrients aren't an issue, why not drop the vodka too? Do you have any friends that could check phosphate with D-D or another high sensitivity kit? I had that same skimmer on my 90 and it did a good job as long as it wasn't overflowing (which it did often!). I just switched to a SWC 180 Cone. If you use any ammonia products like Prime, AmQuel, etc make sure they use a salicylate kit, not a Nessler. You can check nitrite too...will tell you if there was ammonia present recently.

I can't believe so many "numbers" are good, but there is so much havoc! Have you checked pH at all? Preferably with a meter, not a kit.

SPS fanatic.