View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM

sweet ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Yikes, sorry to hear you are still having such a battle. I'm not up to date on what you've been up to, but I know you changed from MH to T5, and you also switched from vodka to bio-pellets?

Were you having nutrient issues? It sounds to me like you are, seeing as the low pH level. Do you use GFO? Are you seeing any cyano or just the hair algae? What skimmer are you using? Have you tested for ammonia, nitrate, and phosphate?

If it makes you feel any better it still looks good from far.
oh thanks Myka! I just hope that am in the right side of the fence now! Ya I did the MH to T5 and it's actually from bio-pellets to vodka as i've also been having issue with the pellets clumping up. (this pellets have been in my system just over a year before I finally pulled them out)

As far as test kits are concern I wouldn't say that am having any nutrient issue, salifert says that I don't have any tractable nitrate, and hanna checker says zero phosphate. I also run GAC and GFO and I have always run them in my system. As far as skimmer is concern am using a euro-reef RS-180, I would say more that sufficient for my system. The only thing that I have not tested yet is the ammonia. I will be bringing a sample to one of the LFS and get them to check it for me.