View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:00 PM

megs_clark is on a distinguished road

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I am going to go with the
XM-L Neurtal white and the XPE royal blue. Because I want to do a light for my little 5g nano and my biocube I didnt buy the biocube kit. I think it will be cheaper this way, or more entertaining, lol. I kind of like the hunting for things @ good deals.
I Loved the idea of the modularled.ca but leaned away for two reasons. 1 beacuse I didnt see the XM-L leds which I read are much more powerfull (you dont need as many?) and their smaller and use less power also for similar pricing to the other types so I figured might as well pay the tiny bit more and a little more work for more light meaning more options on what I put in the aquarium down the road. My 2nd reason for not going with them was that I like that with the stars I can place they where ever, where as the boards with the two on them im limited to where Im spacing them since its two per board.

I was all ready to order from the ledgroupbuy site but found their shipping high. It must be a base rate because its $33 to ship one led by itself or 24 leds. Seemed high, but im cheap. So I called around and found a place ETGTECH that will do similar pricing and charge actual shipping, with no inflation even to canada. A bonus they will ship pritty fast. Im hoping to have the order placed by the end of the week. (Im tryin to decide if I should throw in a few violet leds) And have them by the end of next week. The only downside is you have to call or email for pricing but its not really a big deal.

Mike I really liked the par lamps. The reef par lights look slick and its not a bad price (I seen a similar light out here for close to $200 so the ones you pointed out seem like a good deal. It would have been nice for the smaller tank but I figured since I need to replace the lights and fans in the biocube I might as well replace them with leds and DIY allows for more options, and I think the expierince of the build will be neat....if it works out, and I dont kill my husband in the process lol. Who knows mabe ill do a led for my 90 gallon one day. :O) The not replacing bulbs for 10 year sounds great, heck id be thrilled with 5 years!