View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

i have a couple, bought 2 females (fw). theres a little story behind them. i started my sw tank got it all cycled and couldnt get to a lfs that sold sw suplies. anyway was so boring in my cycled tank with nothing in it but live rock. i bought some more live rock and another tank of a local guy who had given up on sw keeping. he told me to go to the pet store and buy mollies. (these are fresh water mollies) he said just throw them in, he says if their prego the babies will just pop right out! i asked about climating them and he assured me i could just throw them in. me beeing super newbie to salt water i did it... ok was prolly a little mean and maybe like cycling with live fish, but i didnt know any better. anyways they both had babies, they both are fine to date (3 months later) and i have a dozen baby marine mollies swimming around that seem to b fine aswell. is an orange molly and a dalmation molly. but thats just my 2 cents on mollies in the marine environment. they do eat algae all day, aswell as wicked little sand sifters. hardy as hell and dont pick on anything, hella poopers tho! not the prettiest fish but definataly great starter fish.