View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Wow this thread turned into quite a debate over electricity and how much it costs in Europe and Canada....

I don't exactly know if you're going to find the answers you're looking for Matt truthfully because most of us on the wet coast don't run sunlit tanks.
My reef tank gets some morning sun as it sits close to the window however the sun is barely on the tank, at most it gets about 1/2 to 45mins of exposure.

Your tank gets more of the direct afternoon to evening sun and it maybe too strong for some of the lps corals. Your best option is to get some type of retractable cloth or shade for those really sunny days, I am sure the more milder days where there is light but no sun you could run it without the shade.

With the summer season coming to an end it would be a good time to see how well the sps and other softies do throughout the winter months. Also as I suggested before try to post on rc to see if there is anyone near BC like in Seattle or Oregon that may be doing the same as you.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips