View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
While your rock is looking more mature that stuff might take a long time to really catch up to where live rock would have been I imagine.
I've been wondering this same exact thing too Brett. Even though my dry rock looked like collected live rock by around the 2-3 month mark, at 9 months in my tank just seems to be having issues that one really would expect out of a newer tank. It's not unfair to think that dried rock needs more time to catch-up.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues Brad. FWIW, and probably for a myriad of potential causes, summers are hard on tanks. With the level of attention to detail you've put into yours, I'm sure yours will turn around in time. My own tank is suffering issues. No coral losses (well, one montipora did recede but it's not a loss at this point), but, just stuff that shouldn't be happening. Bryopsis, hair algae, sludge algae, cyanos, diatoms, dinoflaggelates. Dinos are the worst thing, it's so demoralizing because it just doesn't go away, and it's lethal to anything that samples it.