View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM

imisky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefie View Post
Sorry, the poll is for best quality. I, too am using IO and am also dosing regularly. If I had a better salt I could save on dosing. I had tried D-D H2Ocean, unfortunately I had brown algae diatoms breakout. Hence I have switched back to IO, but I'm hoping to find a better salt. Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton (GREAT STORE!) recommended the Tunze salt, however I cannot find it in Metro Vancouver.
Im using instant ocean as well, I'm adjusting the cacium, alk, and mg with every water change as for other elements in the mix, since i cant test for it I'm not even going to bother, they can tell us all they want in terms of the content, but theres no cheap way for hobbyists to check if what they say is correct. Regardless spending $30 on suppliments for adjusting that can last 1-2 yrs imo outweighs paying a premium just to get the calcium, alk, mg in the correct range.

reefie, alot of people actually refer to the DD H2O salt as the tunze salt. or were you talking about the tunze branded salt , the Tunze Reef Excel Lab Marine Salt I,ve never seen it in any retail store or online in the US if its that guy.