View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

You have to realize that not everyone here, even someone that partakes in threads, is your friend. They aren't really even fellow hobbyists. We have countless "members" here that are only here to to get a good deal on your misfortune. In Victoria, we had a Canreef member systematically go through every for sale post in town and do the old " show up, need to go to bank, come back with less money" trick. I had 15 reports of it in 3 weeks. If you tried to lend the guy a hand, he tried to take your arm.

Essentially, unless you personally know someone here, or know for certain that they have a solid long term history on the board, don't trust anyone to do what they say or give you what they said they would. If I'm selling something to anyone, I don't count it sold until someone actually knocks on my door and hands me the correct amount of money. Especially with livestock. If anyone even tries to renegotiate at my door, I'm closing it.

It's too bad that the world is like this, but it is, and we can't put our tank inhabitants at risk over it. It's not sold until the buyer actually shows up (so rare these days) and hands over the correct amount of cash or gold. Nothing else works. If the sale falls through, I'd rather give the stuff to the LFS than get taken in by one of these losers.