Thread: Orphek or AI
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc208082 View Post
Ive been a member at 3reef for a while now, Orphek the company is a sponsor on our site and is the best of all LED companies out there. They come on our forums all the time and answer any ones questions. They also have the best emitters for our hobby as well as being one of the few companies that makes their own bulbs specifically for reef systems. More than AI's use of cree. They dont dim because they dont need to, they built them right.

Marine Depot carries their stuff, they ship up here.

Orphek.com their canadian distributers is reefwholsalers i believe
You're making some very big claims. I'm sure you have a good reason for your biased opinion. When you refer to "our site", which site are you referring to? Which forums are "our forums"? I'm sure Orphek makes a good light but I have to call BS on your statement about dimming. Any reefer's goal is to replicate all of the conditions on a natural reef, and one thing is for certain dimming is a natural occurrence as the sun rises or sets. No it may not be as essential to coral growth as the light spectrum and intensity but I am sure it's a benefit to the coral. Southerner2 went off the deep end when someone mentioned dimming but the bottom line is when all things are equal with PAR and coverage, it is the bells and whistles like control features, ability to upgrade, and form factor that will seal the deal. IMO of course.