View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 AM

sweet ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88 View Post
Is the only thing that changed was a switch in the lights. I can't believe going to t5's would cause this. what kind of halides did you run before and what T5's are you running now? Your tank was amazing, not to say it isn't now but i am curious about the changes caused by lighting.
I was running 2 Aqua Medic 250MH with Phoenix bulb DE 14K, and now am running a tek light 6 bulb fixture with 1 KZ Figi Purple, 2 Giesemann Actinic +, 2 KZ Super Blue, 1 ATI Blue Plus. The system was also running with 1 MH only for almost a week before I switch to the T5 fixture. I know what your saying I just hope I can get those colors back again with whatever corals I have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Well it would have been a special order for tempered glass, but you could have used a chunk of Lexan or even regular acrylic in the meantime. Lexan and acrylic actually block UV better than glass. Lexan won't warp, but regular acrylic will, so acrylic would just be a short term fix.

I hear you on the space issue! Losing corals always sucks though.
I just checked out the tank again and it seems that some of the corals are still stressed. I will probably frag a few more of my favorite and move it to a buddy's tank.