View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Had a great great time!
We met a few Reefers staying at the Marriott, the drinks were flowing pretty freely, and they pretty loud by the time we left the party. Met and had pics taken with Mark Callahan ,"Mr. SaltwaterTanks", who was also staying there, he was very nice and we had a great time talking extensively with him. Nice people all around.
The show was a bit small, but for the first time around, and only $20-25 admission fee, it wasn't too bad. Hope that next year, more people will attend so they can have a bigger/better show.
Lots of products, dry goods, equipments (Lights predominantly LEDs, skimmers, pumps, power heads) and one even had all the good reef-keeping books for sale. Didn't exactly notice any prices to have a good comparison, but I did bought a Salifert Mag test kit for $26 (Usually ~$50 to order on line).
The guys at the Seachem booth were excellent to talk to, and they loaded us up with several Tee-shirts, lots of food and full-sized products, so we were pretty loaded down and happy.
At the Hydor booth, they gave me two new impellers for the old Hydor 4 power heads that I had trouble finding replacement for, for free!
Lots of corals: zoas, acans, chalices, clams, ricordias, LPSs and SPSs galore. Shame we couldn't take any back, as the prices were good and they were practically giving them away at the end of Sunday.
Had a chance to meet Tparsons and PFoster, both wonderful people to chat with. Wish we had known who was who so we could have had a chance to say hello to all, but maybe next time we can all wear our fishy tee-shirts (that's how most of them found us at the bar) to identify who we are...
The weather was excellent for the 4 days that we were in Seattle. Had a great time going there with sgreen. Pics to follow if Jim has the time... but Big Valley will be this weekend, so maybe not...
Cheers. Lenny.